Omar contests army version on Kupwara ambush
Srinagar: JK Chief Minister Omar Abdullah
on Tuesday questioned the Army`s version on the death of a youth in
an ambush in Kupwara earlier this month, saying there were
more injuries on the victim`s body than just the bullet in the
"I`m not disparaging anything. I`m just saying that a
bullet wound to the foot weren`t the only injuries, that all,"
Omar wrote on micr-blogging site Twitter.
In response to a tweet, he said there were injuries on
the back of Manzoor Ahmad Magray, who was killed during an
army ambush on February 5 at Handwara, besides the injury on
one of his feet.
Army Chief General V K Singh had, in an interivew to a
TV channel, said that the youth was asked to stop but he
started running and was shot in the lower part of his body. He
said it appeared that the youth died of shock.
"Preliminary investigation shows that he has been hit
in the leg, it was not in the chest, which shows he had
suddenly gone into shock," he said.
The army chief said detailed findings of the army
probe will be shared with everyone once it is completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket