Omar contests army version on Kupwara ambush
Srinagar: JK Chief Minister Omar Abdullah
on Tuesday questioned the Army`s version on the death of a youth in
an ambush in Kupwara earlier this month, saying there were
more injuries on the victim`s body than just the bullet in the
"I`m not disparaging anything. I`m just saying that a
bullet wound to the foot weren`t the only injuries, that all,"
Omar wrote on micr-blogging site Twitter.
In response to a tweet, he said there were injuries on
the back of Manzoor Ahmad Magray, who was killed during an
army ambush on February 5 at Handwara, besides the injury on
one of his feet.
Army Chief General V K Singh had, in an interivew to a
TV channel, said that the youth was asked to stop but he
started running and was shot in the lower part of his body. He
said it appeared that the youth died of shock.
"Preliminary investigation shows that he has been hit
in the leg, it was not in the chest, which shows he had
suddenly gone into shock," he said.
The army chief said detailed findings of the army
probe will be shared with everyone once it is completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble