Omar contests army version on Kupwara ambush
Srinagar: JK Chief Minister Omar Abdullah
on Tuesday questioned the Army`s version on the death of a youth in
an ambush in Kupwara earlier this month, saying there were
more injuries on the victim`s body than just the bullet in the
"I`m not disparaging anything. I`m just saying that a
bullet wound to the foot weren`t the only injuries, that all,"
Omar wrote on micr-blogging site Twitter.
In response to a tweet, he said there were injuries on
the back of Manzoor Ahmad Magray, who was killed during an
army ambush on February 5 at Handwara, besides the injury on
one of his feet.
Army Chief General V K Singh had, in an interivew to a
TV channel, said that the youth was asked to stop but he
started running and was shot in the lower part of his body. He
said it appeared that the youth died of shock.
"Preliminary investigation shows that he has been hit
in the leg, it was not in the chest, which shows he had
suddenly gone into shock," he said.
The army chief said detailed findings of the army
probe will be shared with everyone once it is completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested