Omar discusses Verma panel report with J&K Guv
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday met Governor N N Vohra and discussed the report of the Justice J S Verma panel which recommends changes in the criminal justice system to protect the dignity of women and enhance their safety and security.
Omar met the Governor at Raj Bhawan here on the eve of Repubic day, an official spokesman said.
During the hour-long meeting, the Governor and the Chief Minister discussed issues relating to internal and external security management, implementation of major development schemes and programmes, elections to rural and urban local bodies, functioning of statutory and constitutional institutions and matters relating to good governance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre