Omar discusses Verma panel report with J&K Guv
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday met Governor N N Vohra and discussed the report of the Justice J S Verma panel which recommends changes in the criminal justice system to protect the dignity of women and enhance their safety and security.
Omar met the Governor at Raj Bhawan here on the eve of Repubic day, an official spokesman said.
During the hour-long meeting, the Governor and the Chief Minister discussed issues relating to internal and external security management, implementation of major development schemes and programmes, elections to rural and urban local bodies, functioning of statutory and constitutional institutions and matters relating to good governance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh