Omar discusses Verma panel report with J&K Guv
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday met Governor N N Vohra and discussed the report of the Justice J S Verma panel which recommends changes in the criminal justice system to protect the dignity of women and enhance their safety and security.
Omar met the Governor at Raj Bhawan here on the eve of Repubic day, an official spokesman said.
During the hour-long meeting, the Governor and the Chief Minister discussed issues relating to internal and external security management, implementation of major development schemes and programmes, elections to rural and urban local bodies, functioning of statutory and constitutional institutions and matters relating to good governance.
- If I say I like Pizza will they expunge that too? Asks Subramanian Swamy
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- Simply hilarious! Protesters storm PWD office, perform 'nagin dance' against official apathy - Watch
- Australia blocks China from buying 1% of its landmass
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan