Omar discusses Verma panel report with J&K Guv
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday met Governor N N Vohra and discussed the report of the Justice J S Verma panel which recommends changes in the criminal justice system to protect the dignity of women and enhance their safety and security.
Omar met the Governor at Raj Bhawan here on the eve of Repubic day, an official spokesman said.
During the hour-long meeting, the Governor and the Chief Minister discussed issues relating to internal and external security management, implementation of major development schemes and programmes, elections to rural and urban local bodies, functioning of statutory and constitutional institutions and matters relating to good governance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!