Omar discusses Verma panel report with J&K Guv
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday met Governor N N Vohra and discussed the report of the Justice J S Verma panel which recommends changes in the criminal justice system to protect the dignity of women and enhance their safety and security.
Omar met the Governor at Raj Bhawan here on the eve of Repubic day, an official spokesman said.
During the hour-long meeting, the Governor and the Chief Minister discussed issues relating to internal and external security management, implementation of major development schemes and programmes, elections to rural and urban local bodies, functioning of statutory and constitutional institutions and matters relating to good governance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border