Omar expresses grief over Frisalan fire
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has expressed deep sorrow over the fire incident that took place at Frisalan village in Pahalgam of Anantnag district Sunday.
Forty-six houses were gutted in a massive fire that broke out in the wee hours at the village. Over two dozen cattle also perished in the blaze.
The chief minister has sent a team of ministers and officials comprising minister for Forests, Mian Altaf Ahmed and Minister for Social Welfare, Sakina Itoo to visit the spot, meet the affected families and assess the loss to the property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj