Omar govt a headless chicken: Mehbooba
Srinagar: Terming the Omar Abdullah-led
government in Jammu and Kashmir a "headless chicken", the
opposition PDP on Tuesday said its performance had gone from bad
to worse in the past three years.
Addressing a press conference here, PDP chief Mehbooba
Mufti alleged the government had defamed the Kashmiris and
tried to survive despite "disastrous performance".
"In last three years when there should have been
improvement in the state, governance is going from bad to
worse," she said.
"This government is running like a headless chicken,"
The opposition leader alleged the Omar government had
defamed Kashmiris during its three-year rule and tried to
survive despite its disastrous performance.
"This government has two achievements. One is how to
survive in spite of its disastrous performance. Another is
that they have defamed the people.
"In the first year, there was the Shopian tragedy and
they defamed the women of Kashmir. In 2010, they defamed the
children and called them drug-addicts," the PDP leader said.
Mehbooba said the government had failed to provide
electricity but had accused the people of electricity theft.
She termed the Chief Minister`s announcement to cut-off
electricity to VIP areas including his residence a "gimmick".
"Three inches of tsunami has hit Kashmir (government)
and the whole system has been shattered."
"The CM announces that power should be cut-off to VIP
areas, why these gimmicks? Which VIP is here? All are in Jammu
and the only VIPs here are the CM and me and both of us have
generators and invertors," Mehbooba said.
The PDP president alleged the state government was
"insensitive" on the human rights front.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference