Omar govt biased towards Jammu region: JKNPP
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir National
Panthers Party (JKNPP) on Wednesday alleged that the Omar Abdullah-
led state government was biased towards Jammu and that even
ministers based in the region were not raising their voice to
end such regional discrimination.
"We castigate the hostile attitude of Omar Abdullah
government and criminal silence of Jammu-based ministers to
continued bias and discrimination towards Jammu province in
all sectors," JKNPP Working Chairman and former minister Harsh
Dev Singh told reporters here.
"The coalition government should mend their ways and
ensure equitable treatment to all regions with an end to all
instances of bias against Jammu region," he said.
He said that Jammu-based ministers made "exaggerated
announcements and pronouncements" during elections but had
"surrendered and succumbed to the wishes and dictates of their
The JKNPP MLA sought deployment of adequate National
Youth Corps at the lakes of Mansar, Dalsar and Surinsar in
Jammu region on the analogy of Dal Lake and Nagin Lake in
He alleged that though the Omar government doled out
financial assistance for lakes in the Kashmir Valley, the
lakes in Jammu have been given a raw deal.
While a financial package of Rs 1,100 crore was
sanctioned for Dal Lake, only Rs 386 crore were provided for
Wullar lake and Rs 2,500 crore for the conservation and
beautification project for Jhelum river, while the Mansar
lake, Dalsar lake and Surinsar lake had been totally ignored
despite repeated assurances of the government, Singh said.
He also said that the River Tawi project in Jammu had
been offered only pea-nuts as compared to the Rs 2,500 crore
mega project for river Jhelum.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list