Omar govt committed to Panchayati Raj system: NC
Jammu: Accusing the opposition parties of trying to exploit the people in the name of empowerment of Panchayats, the ruling National Conference today said the Omar Abdullah-led government was determined to constitute a 3-tier Panchayati Raj system in the state.
"The opposition parties are frustrated as they have been badly rejected by the masses even in Panchayat polls and now they are trying to exploit people in the name of empowerment of Panchayats," NC Provincial President Rattan Lal Gupta said.
It was the PDP which had dissolved the elected Panchayats and was not able to conduct the elections till 2008, he told a day-long awareness workshop of panches and sarpanches here.
"The NC-led government is committed to constitute the 3-tier Panchayati Raj system in the state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack