Omar govt committed to Panchayati Raj system: NC
Jammu: Accusing the opposition parties of trying to exploit the people in the name of empowerment of Panchayats, the ruling National Conference today said the Omar Abdullah-led government was determined to constitute a 3-tier Panchayati Raj system in the state.
"The opposition parties are frustrated as they have been badly rejected by the masses even in Panchayat polls and now they are trying to exploit people in the name of empowerment of Panchayats," NC Provincial President Rattan Lal Gupta said.
It was the PDP which had dissolved the elected Panchayats and was not able to conduct the elections till 2008, he told a day-long awareness workshop of panches and sarpanches here.
"The NC-led government is committed to constitute the 3-tier Panchayati Raj system in the state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read