Omar govt discriminates against Jammu, Ladakh: BJP
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir unit of BJP on Saturday
accused the ruling NC-Congress coalition of discriminating
against Jammu and Ladakh regions while giving preferential
treatment to Kashmir.
"People should realise the aptitude and attitude of
Kashmir-centric leaders who are responsible for repeated
discrimination with Jammu and Ladakh regions during all these
years of independence," BJP state chief Shamsher Singh Manhas
told a public meeting in Kathua.
Manhas said be it benefits of BPL, employment,
maintenance of water bodies, connectivity of tourists spots,
percentage of employees in Civil Secretariat, allocation of
funds for various projects, the Kashmir valley has always been
kept at first position while ignoring the interests and needs
He alleged Jammu does not get its share of fund
allocation from the Kashmiri leadership.
Due to domination in state Assembly with more seats, all
efforts are made to ensure that Kashmir remains on priority in
projects and schemes, Manhas said, adding that the Congress
has its ministers in the state`s coalition who always adopt a
complete silence whenever anti-Jammu decisions are taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail