Omar govt failed to address aspirations of people: PDP
Jammu: Opposition People`s Democratic Party on Saturday alleged the Omar Abdullah government failed to connect with the masses and criticised it for not addressing economic and political aspirations of the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Omar-led coalition government has failed to address economic as well as political aspirations of the people of Jammu and Kashmir," PDP candidate for Jammu-Poonch Lok Sabha seat, Yash Pal Sharma said.
He was addressing a meeting of Bar Association of Surankote in Poonch district today. Sharma said PDP wants to establish a new system of equality and justice in the state.
"Attaining power is not the only aim of PDP. Our agenda is set up system where every individual get equal opportunity of growth and development," he said.
The PDP wants to set up a pro-people, corruption free, transparent and accountable system, Sharma said. Stating that policies and programmes of the PDP address the aspirations of people in all regions and sub-regions of the state, Sharma claimed that his party provided equal opportunities of growth and development to individuals during its tenure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez