Omar govt failed to address aspirations of people: PDP
Jammu: Opposition People`s Democratic Party on Saturday alleged the Omar Abdullah government failed to connect with the masses and criticised it for not addressing economic and political aspirations of the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Omar-led coalition government has failed to address economic as well as political aspirations of the people of Jammu and Kashmir," PDP candidate for Jammu-Poonch Lok Sabha seat, Yash Pal Sharma said.
He was addressing a meeting of Bar Association of Surankote in Poonch district today. Sharma said PDP wants to establish a new system of equality and justice in the state.
"Attaining power is not the only aim of PDP. Our agenda is set up system where every individual get equal opportunity of growth and development," he said.
The PDP wants to set up a pro-people, corruption free, transparent and accountable system, Sharma said. Stating that policies and programmes of the PDP address the aspirations of people in all regions and sub-regions of the state, Sharma claimed that his party provided equal opportunities of growth and development to individuals during its tenure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of IS video proving the authenticity of Batla House encounter
- DNA: Analysis of how adulterated food is putting people's lives at risk
- DNA: How Potassium Bromate and Potassium Iodate in breads can cause cancer
- Beijing medals at risk for Russia after positive re-tests
- IPL 2016: AB de Villiers, Iqbal Abdullah take RCB into final with stunning win over GL in Qualifier 1
- Must Read: These are Apple CEO Tim Cook's plans for India!
- NEET Ordinances get President's assent, decks cleared for UG medical admissions by states
- Subhash Chandra steps down as chairman of Zee Media