Omar govt failed to address aspirations of people: PDP
Jammu: Opposition People`s Democratic Party on Saturday alleged the Omar Abdullah government failed to connect with the masses and criticised it for not addressing economic and political aspirations of the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Omar-led coalition government has failed to address economic as well as political aspirations of the people of Jammu and Kashmir," PDP candidate for Jammu-Poonch Lok Sabha seat, Yash Pal Sharma said.
He was addressing a meeting of Bar Association of Surankote in Poonch district today. Sharma said PDP wants to establish a new system of equality and justice in the state.
"Attaining power is not the only aim of PDP. Our agenda is set up system where every individual get equal opportunity of growth and development," he said.
The PDP wants to set up a pro-people, corruption free, transparent and accountable system, Sharma said. Stating that policies and programmes of the PDP address the aspirations of people in all regions and sub-regions of the state, Sharma claimed that his party provided equal opportunities of growth and development to individuals during its tenure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested