Omar govt has failed on security front: JKNPP
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) today lashed out at the Omar Abdullah government, alleging that it has failed on the security front leading to increased number of militant and terror attacks.
The recent twin terror strikes in the Jammu region were no less dangerous to the security of the country than the Mumbai attacks, JKNPP chief patron Bhim Singh told reporters here, adding that the infiltration bid by militants and suspected Pakistan special troops in the Keran (Kupwara district) sector was part of ongoing "aggression" by Pakistan.
But the Omar Abdullah government has no time to discuss in the Assembly the ongoing "aggression" by Pakistan in the Keran sector and multiple attacks in the state, he alleged.
The government was more interested to discuss the allegations of former Army Chief General (Retd) V K Singh in the Assembly than taking up the issues of militant attacks and infiltration bids, he said.
Opposing the move to bring back former militants from PoK to the state, Singh said his party has filed a writ petition in the Supreme Court against the state government over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter