Omar govt has failed on security front: JKNPP
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) today lashed out at the Omar Abdullah government, alleging that it has failed on the security front leading to increased number of militant and terror attacks.
The recent twin terror strikes in the Jammu region were no less dangerous to the security of the country than the Mumbai attacks, JKNPP chief patron Bhim Singh told reporters here, adding that the infiltration bid by militants and suspected Pakistan special troops in the Keran (Kupwara district) sector was part of ongoing "aggression" by Pakistan.
But the Omar Abdullah government has no time to discuss in the Assembly the ongoing "aggression" by Pakistan in the Keran sector and multiple attacks in the state, he alleged.
The government was more interested to discuss the allegations of former Army Chief General (Retd) V K Singh in the Assembly than taking up the issues of militant attacks and infiltration bids, he said.
Opposing the move to bring back former militants from PoK to the state, Singh said his party has filed a writ petition in the Supreme Court against the state government over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- French Open: Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair advance to second round
- Nextbit Robin launched in India at Rs 19,999; comes with 100GB cloud storage
- Faint-hearted? Don't watch this spine-chilling road accident video
- Volkswagen rolls out first Ameo from Pune plant
- Hyundai announces special discount for government employees