Omar govt not providing adequate security to sarpanches: BJP
Jammu: The BJP on Wednesday alleged the NC-led government was not providing adequate security to panches and sarpanches in Jammu and Kashmir.
"Elected sarpanches and panches are being regularly killed and no action has been taken for safety and security of these public representatives," Jammu BJP vice-president Vibodh Gupta said.
"Those who took oath of office under the Constitution are getting killed but the state government has remained a mute spectator to this," he said.
People had been fed up with the NC-Congress government in the state, Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP