Omar govt not providing adequate security to sarpanches: BJP
Jammu: The BJP on Wednesday alleged the NC-led government was not providing adequate security to panches and sarpanches in Jammu and Kashmir.
"Elected sarpanches and panches are being regularly killed and no action has been taken for safety and security of these public representatives," Jammu BJP vice-president Vibodh Gupta said.
"Those who took oath of office under the Constitution are getting killed but the state government has remained a mute spectator to this," he said.
People had been fed up with the NC-Congress government in the state, Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor