Omar govt telling lies, claims Mehbooba
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir`s Peoples Democratic Party on Saturday accused the Omar Abdullah government of lying about collection of water tax revenue from the National Hydroelectric Projects Corporation (NHPC) Ltd and the judicial inquiry into the death of a National Conference worker last month.
"It is now more than clear that the NC (National Conference) government has sacrificed the interests of the state and made a total sellout, be it ministerial berths, water resources or power projects for their own personal luxuries," PDP president Mehbooba Mufti said in a statement here.
She said the "position of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has become completely untenable in the wake of the shocking disclosure on water tax as much as his attempts to cover the political corruption in his party and government."
Mehbooba said that "the government`s lie about setting up of a judicial probe for investigation into the political corruption and the mysterious death of the close associate of Abdullah family, Haji Yousuf, has been nailed by no less than the (state) Congress president, Saifudin Soz, who has questioned the imaginary judicial probe ordered by the state government".
"No amount of cover up could absolve the Chief Minister and his family of their culpability in an absence of free and fair investigation," she said in the statement.
"On the other hand, the lies about revenue collected from the imaginary water tax from NHPC has been nailed by no less than the chairman of NHPC who in his performance report for current year claimed that the state government had waived off water tax worth Rs 453 crore chargeable from NHPC, which means more loss to the already crumbling power sector of the state," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre