Omar hits out at Congress for creating `hurdles`
Vijaypur: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday took on coalition partner Congress for "creating hurdles" in the setting up new administrative units in Jammu and Kashmir and vowed, as the Chief Minister he will keep fighting till he fulfils his mission.
The Chief Minister`s lashing out comes after Congress demanded that the proposal to set up new administrative units at ground level be examined, before being set up.
"Some people are creating hurdles for me in this endeavour (to set up administrative units). I know how to use what resources at which time to fulfill my mission," Omar told a public rally here.
"As long as I am on the chair of the Chief Minister, I promise that I will keep fighting for setting up of the units at niabats, blocks, tehsils and sub-divisions," he said.
The CM said that a cabinet sub committee headed by Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand is currently visiting various districts to check the recommendations by S S Bloeria and Ganai commissions to set up the units.
Claiming that Congress was trying to weaken NC in Vijaypur, he said the people had given a fitting reply with their presence at the rally.
"Everybody is eyeing Vijaypur. The day he (Surjeet Singh Slathia) won the elections, he has been a target of political parties. (They think) Salathia should be dislodged because he has developed close rapport with the people. But your presence in larger number here is a befitting reply to all who are trying to weaken Slathia," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing