Omar hits out at PDP, BJP
Jammu: Calling PDP and BJP "propagandist parties," Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said both the parties are hobnobbing and hatching conspiracies against democratic forces in the state.
"PDP and BJP are propagandist parties fooling the people through misinformation and falsehood. They are hobnobbing secretly and hatching conspiracies against democratic forces in the state," Omar told the Assembly here this evening.
He also criticised the attitude of PDP on government`s decision to create new administrative units and said it had earlier tried to hamper decision of Ghulam Nabi Azad, the then Chief Minister of the state, regarding the creation of eight new districts in Jammu and Kashmir.
"The members of this party in the Cabinet of Azad tried to browbeat him but he did not yield to their tactics and went ahead to create new districts," he said.
Omar also took a dig at PDP for remaining out of the proceedings of the House constantly, and said this vindicates their failure and the success of coalition government.
"Had there been any issue, they could have raised it and discussed in the House, but their remaining away from the House and not raising their voice for the people is a clear indication that they have nothing to say," he said.
The Chief Minister said PDP is "frustrated" with the development graph showing conspicuous upward growth year after year and it wants to give a false notion by dubbing the normalcy and peace conditions in the state as "deceptive and forced calm".
Omar also castigated BJP for carrying the false "bogey" of abrogation of Article-370 whenever elections draw near and sleep over the issue when in power.
Without naming Narendra Modi, he said a top leader of BJP had spoken about discussing the benefits of Article 370 when he had addressed a public rally in Jammu.
"I challenged him to discuss it with me at any place and any time but he, through a less important leader, denied discussing the issue at all," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Gold price to zoom to Rs 33,500 levels by 2016-end: Experts
- Don't panic, British economic fundamentals are strong: Business Secretary
- Monetary committee rules to be notified in few weeks: Economic Affairs Secretary
- Lucky escape for Goa mayor, six others as boat capsizes
- Land grab accused Asha Kumari appointed AICC in-charge of Punjab, triggers row