Omar lauds Centre`s decision to raise subsidised LPG cap
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday expressed his gratitude to the Centre for increasing the cap on subsidised LPG cylinders from six to nine from next fiscal.
"Grateful to the Government of India for accepting states like J&K`s request to increase the number of subsidised LPG cylinders," Omar wrote on micro-blogging site twitter.Com.
Jammu and Kashmir government had pleaded for increasing the cap for consumers in the state in view of the harsh winter conditions and lack of other resources to meet the energy requirements of the people.
The Centre on Thursday announced an increase in the number of subsidised LPG cylinders per consumer from six to nine. The new cap will come into effect from April 1, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket