Omar lauds Centre`s decision to raise subsidised LPG cap
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday expressed his gratitude to the Centre for increasing the cap on subsidised LPG cylinders from six to nine from next fiscal.
"Grateful to the Government of India for accepting states like J&K`s request to increase the number of subsidised LPG cylinders," Omar wrote on micro-blogging site twitter.Com.
Jammu and Kashmir government had pleaded for increasing the cap for consumers in the state in view of the harsh winter conditions and lack of other resources to meet the energy requirements of the people.
The Centre on Thursday announced an increase in the number of subsidised LPG cylinders per consumer from six to nine. The new cap will come into effect from April 1, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday