Omar lauds Centre`s decision to raise subsidised LPG cap
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday expressed his gratitude to the Centre for increasing the cap on subsidised LPG cylinders from six to nine from next fiscal.
"Grateful to the Government of India for accepting states like J&K`s request to increase the number of subsidised LPG cylinders," Omar wrote on micro-blogging site twitter.Com.
Jammu and Kashmir government had pleaded for increasing the cap for consumers in the state in view of the harsh winter conditions and lack of other resources to meet the energy requirements of the people.
The Centre on Thursday announced an increase in the number of subsidised LPG cylinders per consumer from six to nine. The new cap will come into effect from April 1, 2013.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!