Omar lauds Centre`s decision to raise subsidised LPG cap
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday expressed his gratitude to the Centre for increasing the cap on subsidised LPG cylinders from six to nine from next fiscal.
"Grateful to the Government of India for accepting states like J&K`s request to increase the number of subsidised LPG cylinders," Omar wrote on micro-blogging site twitter.Com.
Jammu and Kashmir government had pleaded for increasing the cap for consumers in the state in view of the harsh winter conditions and lack of other resources to meet the energy requirements of the people.
The Centre on Thursday announced an increase in the number of subsidised LPG cylinders per consumer from six to nine. The new cap will come into effect from April 1, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Coal scam: Convicted RSPL officials get up to 3 years in jail
- Photo alert! Birthday girl Kriti Sanon in Mauritius with Sushant Singh Rajput for last schedule of 'Raabta'
- This is your brain on ''risk-taking''
- Aam Aadmi Party volunteer Soni suicide case: Delhi Police arrests accused Ramesh Bhardwaj
- Global Citizen hosting: Priyanka Chopra freezes frame with Usher!