Omar made National Conference working president
Jammu: While retaining the presidency of the National Conference, Union minister Farooq Abdullah has named his son and Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah as the party`s working president.
Briefing the media here, Farooq Abdullah, who reorganised the top posts of his party, made his younger brother Sheikh Mustafa Kamal the additional general secretary.
Kamal was given that post and also made the chief spokesperson in October. But he was removed after he made statements against the Congress, which is the ruling coalition partner, and against the Army.
Abdullah`s cousin Sheikh Nazir Ahmad will be the party`s general secretary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Congress leader Digvijay Singh taken aback after seeing his name in Below Poverty Line list
- Gwen Stefani auditioned for 'Mr & Mrs Smith'
- WATCH: Fizz and fire! Mustafizur Rahman demolishes opposition on T20 Blast debut
- Burhan Wani protest: Curfew lifted from four districts of Kashmir Valley, parts of Srinagar
- MH370 pilot flew similar doomed route on home simulator: Report