Omar made National Conference working president
Jammu: While retaining the presidency of the National Conference, Union minister Farooq Abdullah has named his son and Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah as the party`s working president.
Briefing the media here, Farooq Abdullah, who reorganised the top posts of his party, made his younger brother Sheikh Mustafa Kamal the additional general secretary.
Kamal was given that post and also made the chief spokesperson in October. But he was removed after he made statements against the Congress, which is the ruling coalition partner, and against the Army.
Abdullah`s cousin Sheikh Nazir Ahmad will be the party`s general secretary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you