Omar made National Conference working president
Jammu: While retaining the presidency of the National Conference, Union minister Farooq Abdullah has named his son and Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah as the party`s working president.
Briefing the media here, Farooq Abdullah, who reorganised the top posts of his party, made his younger brother Sheikh Mustafa Kamal the additional general secretary.
Kamal was given that post and also made the chief spokesperson in October. But he was removed after he made statements against the Congress, which is the ruling coalition partner, and against the Army.
Abdullah`s cousin Sheikh Nazir Ahmad will be the party`s general secretary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon