Omar made working president of National Conference
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah was on Saturday named the working president of ruling National Conference (NC) party ahead of 2014 assembly and Lok Sabha polls.
Omar`s uncle Mustafa Kamal was brought back as additional general secretary of the party after he had been divested divested of the post for his comment against AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi last year.
"I want to share my views with you about the party. We have brought some changes. Chief Minister Omar Abdullah will be now working president of the party," NC president and Union Minister Farooq Abdullah told reporters today.
He said his brother and MLA Mustafa Kamal has been made party Additional General Secretary to strengthen the party.
"I do not get time to visit the state frequently in view of the fact I am busy at the Centre as a minister. Little time is left for me. So, somebody who is active in J&K should take the charge. So, Omar is made the working president," Farooq said.
He said MP Shafi Uri has been made chief spokesman of the party and MLA Sajjad Ahmed Kitchloo is the new spokesman for Jammu.
Rafiq Sadiq will be spokesman for Kashmir, while MLC Javed Rana will be vice president of Gujjar cell.
NC has galvanised party cadres and brought four young teams under Omar Abdullah to strengthen the party ahead of the next assembly and Lok Sabha elections in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?