Omar made working president of National Conference
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah was on Saturday named the working president of ruling National Conference (NC) party ahead of 2014 assembly and Lok Sabha polls.
Omar`s uncle Mustafa Kamal was brought back as additional general secretary of the party after he had been divested divested of the post for his comment against AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi last year.
"I want to share my views with you about the party. We have brought some changes. Chief Minister Omar Abdullah will be now working president of the party," NC president and Union Minister Farooq Abdullah told reporters today.
He said his brother and MLA Mustafa Kamal has been made party Additional General Secretary to strengthen the party.
"I do not get time to visit the state frequently in view of the fact I am busy at the Centre as a minister. Little time is left for me. So, somebody who is active in J&K should take the charge. So, Omar is made the working president," Farooq said.
He said MP Shafi Uri has been made chief spokesman of the party and MLA Sajjad Ahmed Kitchloo is the new spokesman for Jammu.
Rafiq Sadiq will be spokesman for Kashmir, while MLC Javed Rana will be vice president of Gujjar cell.
NC has galvanised party cadres and brought four young teams under Omar Abdullah to strengthen the party ahead of the next assembly and Lok Sabha elections in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in): BSEB 12th Inter Results 2016, Bihar Board Intermediate Class 12 XII Arts / Vocational Results 2016 to be announced on May 29
- Virtual reality headset market shipment value reaches over $3.4 million in Jan-Mar quarter
- No new signal from EgyptAir jet since day of crash as search intensifies
- LinkedIn notifies data breach, alerts 400 mn members to stay safe
- UN climate change report excludes Great Barrier reefs from in-danger list