Omar made working president of National Conference
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah was on Saturday named the working president of ruling National Conference (NC) party ahead of 2014 assembly and Lok Sabha polls.
Omar`s uncle Mustafa Kamal was brought back as additional general secretary of the party after he had been divested divested of the post for his comment against AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi last year.
"I want to share my views with you about the party. We have brought some changes. Chief Minister Omar Abdullah will be now working president of the party," NC president and Union Minister Farooq Abdullah told reporters today.
He said his brother and MLA Mustafa Kamal has been made party Additional General Secretary to strengthen the party.
"I do not get time to visit the state frequently in view of the fact I am busy at the Centre as a minister. Little time is left for me. So, somebody who is active in J&K should take the charge. So, Omar is made the working president," Farooq said.
He said MP Shafi Uri has been made chief spokesman of the party and MLA Sajjad Ahmed Kitchloo is the new spokesman for Jammu.
Rafiq Sadiq will be spokesman for Kashmir, while MLC Javed Rana will be vice president of Gujjar cell.
NC has galvanised party cadres and brought four young teams under Omar Abdullah to strengthen the party ahead of the next assembly and Lok Sabha elections in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon