Omar made working president of National Conference
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah was on Saturday named the working president of ruling National Conference (NC) party ahead of 2014 assembly and Lok Sabha polls.
Omar`s uncle Mustafa Kamal was brought back as additional general secretary of the party after he had been divested divested of the post for his comment against AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi last year.
"I want to share my views with you about the party. We have brought some changes. Chief Minister Omar Abdullah will be now working president of the party," NC president and Union Minister Farooq Abdullah told reporters today.
He said his brother and MLA Mustafa Kamal has been made party Additional General Secretary to strengthen the party.
"I do not get time to visit the state frequently in view of the fact I am busy at the Centre as a minister. Little time is left for me. So, somebody who is active in J&K should take the charge. So, Omar is made the working president," Farooq said.
He said MP Shafi Uri has been made chief spokesman of the party and MLA Sajjad Ahmed Kitchloo is the new spokesman for Jammu.
Rafiq Sadiq will be spokesman for Kashmir, while MLC Javed Rana will be vice president of Gujjar cell.
NC has galvanised party cadres and brought four young teams under Omar Abdullah to strengthen the party ahead of the next assembly and Lok Sabha elections in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- China's top 500 firms report first revenue decline in 15 years
- ONGC hires consultant to assess reserves in GSPC KG gas block
- OMG! Young girl borrows phone from unknown people to send 'mujra' ladies for clients - WATCH what happens next
- PM Narendra Modi brings water to parched Saurashtra region in Gujarat
- Afghanistan deports 250 Pakistanis due to border tension