Omar meets Chidambaram; discusses situation in J&K
New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Tuesday met Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and
discussed the progress of interlocutors and the present law
and order situation in the state.
The 30-minute meeting was held immediately after the
standing committee on National Integration Council (NIC) met.
During the meeting, the visit of interlocutors -- Dileep
Padgaonkar, Radha Kumar and M M Ansari -- to Kashmir was
discussed and the Chief Minister apprised Chidambaram of the
developments in this regard, official sources said.
The Chief Minister also briefed him about the Unified
Headquarters meeting last evening to review the preparedness
of the security grid in the state.
The meeting, chaired by the Chief Minister, came in the
wake of an encounter in which three JeM militants were killed
at Malroo in the outskirts of the city last week.
The JeM claimed that the militants were on a suicide
mission to attack the headquarters of 15 Corps and another
army camp in the city.
"Our effort will be to foil any attempt to disturb peace
and all necessary steps will be taken to thwart any militant
attack," Omar had said yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says