Omar meets Governor Vohra
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah today met Governor N N Vohra and briefed him
about the prevailing situation in the state including the
steps taken by the government in the backdrop of the row over
alleged custodial death of a National Conference worker.
The Chief Minister called on the Governor here this
afternoon and discussed with him the prevailing situation, official sources said.
The sources said Omar briefed the Governor about the
steps taken by his government following the death of NC worker
Syed Mohammad Yousuf.
Devender Rana, advisor to the Chief Minister, said the
meeting between Omar and the Governnor was routine and fixed
The meeting was scheduled to take place yesterday but
due to preoccupation of the Chief Minister, it could not
materialize, Rana said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Afghans push India for more arms, despite Pakistan's wary eye
- Canada to US tourists: please leave your guns at home
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar