Omar meets Governor Vohra
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah today met Governor N N Vohra and briefed him
about the prevailing situation in the state including the
steps taken by the government in the backdrop of the row over
alleged custodial death of a National Conference worker.
The Chief Minister called on the Governor here this
afternoon and discussed with him the prevailing situation, official sources said.
The sources said Omar briefed the Governor about the
steps taken by his government following the death of NC worker
Syed Mohammad Yousuf.
Devender Rana, advisor to the Chief Minister, said the
meeting between Omar and the Governnor was routine and fixed
The meeting was scheduled to take place yesterday but
due to preoccupation of the Chief Minister, it could not
materialize, Rana said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000