Omar meets Governor
Jammu: In the backdrop of the controversy over BJP`s planned hoisting of national flag in Srinagar`s Lal Chowk tomorrow,
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today called on Governor N N Vohra.
Omar drove to Raj Bhawan for the meeting which lasted 90 minutes, an official spokesman said here.
The Governor and the Chief Minister had wide-ranging discussions relating to the governance in the state, particularly focusing on the security and development issues, he said.
The meeting assumed significance as BJP leaders Arun Jaitley, Sushma Swaraj and others were arrested along with party activists today ahead of the planned hoisting of the national flag which has been opposed by the state government on the grounds that it can disturb peace and lead to a law and order problem.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- 2,508 cities selected under PM's scheme for affordable housing
- NEET 2016: From schedule to state governments' position to results announcement - All you need to know
- Twitter launches 'Connect' to help you find friends
- Hotness alert! Latest pic of Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan will leave you drooling
- Can you believe this? Bullet train fare 1.5 times higher than AC 1st Class