Omar meets Governor
Jammu: In the backdrop of the controversy over BJP`s planned hoisting of national flag in Srinagar`s Lal Chowk tomorrow,
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today called on Governor N N Vohra.
Omar drove to Raj Bhawan for the meeting which lasted 90 minutes, an official spokesman said here.
The Governor and the Chief Minister had wide-ranging discussions relating to the governance in the state, particularly focusing on the security and development issues, he said.
The meeting assumed significance as BJP leaders Arun Jaitley, Sushma Swaraj and others were arrested along with party activists today ahead of the planned hoisting of the national flag which has been opposed by the state government on the grounds that it can disturb peace and lead to a law and order problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16