Omar meets J&K Governor
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Friday met state Governor N N Vohra and held wide
ranging discussions with him, including issues related to
militancy and internal security situation.
During their one-hour meeting at Raj Bhawan here, Omar
and Vohra discussed in detail issues relating to militancy,
internal security situation, measures to enforce greater
accountability and honesty in the functioning of
administration and the effective functioning of Statutory
Bodies/Commissions, an official statement said here.
They also discussed the matters pertaining to
amendments in the existing law and conduct of elections for
empowering people within the Panchayati Raj set up and the
return of Kashmiri Pandits.
The Governor briefed Omar about his recent visits to
Gurez, Tilel and Marwah areas in the state and the need for
time-bound measures to be taken for resolving problems of
those who live in these remote and unconnected areas, it said.
Vohra talked about the usefulness of granting
incentives and adopting innovative approaches to ensure
against all work coming to a halt with the onset of winter in
these cut-off areas.
Omar apprised the Governor about the various steps he
had taken to personally monitor the implementation of all
developmental projects in the state, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH