Omar meets J&K Governor
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Friday met state Governor N N Vohra and held wide
ranging discussions with him, including issues related to
militancy and internal security situation.
During their one-hour meeting at Raj Bhawan here, Omar
and Vohra discussed in detail issues relating to militancy,
internal security situation, measures to enforce greater
accountability and honesty in the functioning of
administration and the effective functioning of Statutory
Bodies/Commissions, an official statement said here.
They also discussed the matters pertaining to
amendments in the existing law and conduct of elections for
empowering people within the Panchayati Raj set up and the
return of Kashmiri Pandits.
The Governor briefed Omar about his recent visits to
Gurez, Tilel and Marwah areas in the state and the need for
time-bound measures to be taken for resolving problems of
those who live in these remote and unconnected areas, it said.
Vohra talked about the usefulness of granting
incentives and adopting innovative approaches to ensure
against all work coming to a halt with the onset of winter in
these cut-off areas.
Omar apprised the Governor about the various steps he
had taken to personally monitor the implementation of all
developmental projects in the state, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan