Omar misses thrill of season`s heaviest snowfall in Kashmir
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said Wednesday he missed the fun and thrill of the season`s heaviest snowfall as both surface and air links were suspended to the Kashmir Valley for the second day.
Abdullah, who is known for his love of nature and skiing on the slopes in north Kashmir`s Gulmarg hill station, said Wednesday he would have wished to welcome 2014 at his home in Srinagar.
"I wish I was in the Valley tonight to see in 2014, alas it wasn`t to be. Anyway, am not sticking around till midnight so happy New Year," he wrote on Twitter, adding he hoped 2014 brings in peace and prosperity to the people of the state and the country.
"Here`s hoping 2014 is full of peace, happiness, success and prosperity for all of you. May all your wishes come true. See U guys next year," he said in another post on Twitter site.
The Kashmir Valley received the season`s heaviest snowfall Tuesday and all links - road, rail and air - between the Kashmir Valley and the rest of the country have since remained suspended.
While the strategic Srinagar-Jammu highway remained closed for the second day Wednesday, authorities said rail and air traffic would resume only after the weather clears.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head