Omar orders calculation of loss to crops from hailstorm
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday asked the revenue department to assess the loss to crops due to the recent hailstorm in the state so that the compensation process could be put on fast track.
Talking to a delegation of farmers from Khansahib, Budgam and other areas here during the weekly Awami Mulaqat (public meeting), Omar said the loss to crops due to hailstorms would be assessed to provide compensation to the affected farmers.
"A comprehensive and detailed report should be formulated so that the compensation process is put on fast track," he said.
According to a spokesperson, the Chief Minister said that the development of agriculture and allied sectors is receiving attention.
While agriculture has been almost kept out of the tax regime, special packages for increasing per hectare production and productivity have been provided to the farmers, horticulturists, animal rearers and entrepreneurs investing in these sectors, Omar said.
As many as 49 delegations and scores of individuals met the Chief Minister during Friday’s public meeting and apprised him about various matters, the spokesman said.
The Chief Minister referred the cases to the departments concerned for early action while disposed many cases of urgent public importance on the spot, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview