Omar queues for renewing driving licence
Jammu: Setting an example for others, Jammu
and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday queued outside
the Regional Transport Office here to renew his driving
Omar visited the licensing authority office this morning,
without any prior notice and queued with others to get his
license renewed, official sources said.
They said although the CM`s licence could have been
renewed even without his visit, Omar chose to take the
opportunity to ascertain the implementation of Public Services
Guarantee Act (PSGA), enacted earlier this year.
A senior official at the RTO, which has been brought
under the ambit of PSGA, said people present inside the
premises were surprised to see Omar waiting for his turn like
any other ordinary citizen.
"He (Omar) waited in a queue along with people, filled up
the necessary papers on his turn and got his licence renewed,"
the official said.
Omar interacted with the people about the issuance of
driving licences, renewal of licences and registration of
vehicle, an official spokesman said.
The CM enquired of the quality of service being provided
to them and advised them to take best advantage of provisions
of PSGA to get time-line service delivery from various
departments identified under the Act, he said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Shiv Sena slams Centre's U-turn on Hurriyat, says BJP govt acting like a 'chameleon'
- Sensing tool 'SpiroCall' can measure your lung function over phone call
- WATCH & solve this IPL mystery - What's the connection between Zaheer Khan, Chris Morris and ‘Porcupine’?
- Manish Sisodia suspends govt school's vice principal over indiscipline
- Cops release suspect's sketch as public outrage grows in Kerala's 'Nirbhaya' case