Omar quotes Dicken`s novel to describe his tenure
Jammu: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."
This was how Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah summed up in literary fashion his tenure so far on
completion of three years in office today citing a famous
quote from the popular Charles Dickens novel "A Tale of Two
"I remember Charles Dickens novel `A Tale of Two Cities`
in which it was written it was the best of the times, it was
the worst of the times.
"And really these words have come true for us and we saw
best of the days and we saw the worst of the days," 41-year-
old Omar said at a function in the state`s winter capital here
to mark the completion of his three years as head of the
National Conference-Congress government. The coalition
government has a six-year term.
`A Tale of Two Cities` written by Dickens in 1859 was set
in London and Paris before and during the French Revolution. It was ranked among the most famous works in the history of
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference