Omar quotes Dicken`s novel to describe his tenure
Jammu: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."
This was how Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah summed up in literary fashion his tenure so far on
completion of three years in office today citing a famous
quote from the popular Charles Dickens novel "A Tale of Two
"I remember Charles Dickens novel `A Tale of Two Cities`
in which it was written it was the best of the times, it was
the worst of the times.
"And really these words have come true for us and we saw
best of the days and we saw the worst of the days," 41-year-
old Omar said at a function in the state`s winter capital here
to mark the completion of his three years as head of the
National Conference-Congress government. The coalition
government has a six-year term.
`A Tale of Two Cities` written by Dickens in 1859 was set
in London and Paris before and during the French Revolution. It was ranked among the most famous works in the history of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'