`Omar raising AFSPA bogey to appease separatists`
Jammu: Jammu State Morcha on Saturday accused J&K
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah of raising the AFSPA issue to
appease the separatists and divert the public attention from
misgovernance in the state.
The common man is indifferent to the issue of AFPSA which
is being raised repeatedly by the Chief Minister, JMM
president Virender Gupta said.
"The bogey of AFPSA is being raised to appease the
separatists and also to divert the attention of the people
from the mismanagement of state affairs by the state
government," Gupta claimed.
The RSS-backed Morcha, an amalgam of 19 political and
social outfits, was formed in 2002.
The Chief Minister is raising controversial issues one
after another to regain the political space that he is losing
with each passing day, Gupta alleged.
"Thus to mislead public and in order to exploit the
emotions of a few, Omar has time and again tried to raise the
issue of AFSPA," he said.
The authority to revoke Armed Forces Special Powers Act
should also rest with the Unified Command and not with the
Chief Minister alone, he said.
"We request the Chief Minister to be rational rather than
emotional and give up the demand of AFSPA revocation till
security situation improves and Pakistan dismantles the
terrorist infrastructure on its soil," he said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Supreme Court bans diesel, petrol cabs in Delhi-NCR from May 1
- SHOCKING! Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Haryana - WATCH VIDEO
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to star in Ajay Devgn's ‘Baadshaho’?
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept