‘Omar raked up AFSPA issue to divert attention’
Srinagar: PDP president Mehbooba Mufti
on Tuesday alleged Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah
had raked up the AFSPA issue to divert attention from the
death of a ruling National Conference worker in police custody
"Omar took up the issue of AFSPA to divert attention from
custodial killing of Mohammad Yousuf Shah," she said.
The NC worker died on September 30 last year in police
custody after two fellow party workers accused him of taking
Rs 1.18 crore from them for getting them berths in the
"He (Omar) was never really concerned about the
revocation of AFSPA. He wanted that time period, that gap,
when everybody started discussing AFSPA and not the death (of
Shah)," she said.
Mehbooba said the Chief Minister succeeded in diverting
The PDP leader also claimed that a civilian killed in
Sopore last week during a gunbattle between police and
militants did not die in the cross-fire.
"The family said no one came to save him. First, it was
alleged he was a militant but then the statement was changed,"
Mehbooba said after meeting the family of Mehraj-ud-din, a
shopkeeper who died Saturday.
"He was nowhere in between. It was not that he was
trapped in between, that is what his family said," the PDP
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in