Omar reaches out to Kashmiri Pandit migrants
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Tuesday reached out to Kashmiri pandits in the
state and assured adequate facilities to improve their living
Accompanied by Minister for Revenue and Rehabilitation
Raman Bhalla and Minister of State for Housing Nasir Aslam
Wani, Abdullah went round the migrant quarters at Sheikhpora
in Budgam district of Central Kashmir, 12 km from here, and
enquired about the facilities available in the flats allotted
to them, an official spokesman said.
Abdullah directed the Relief and Rehabilitation
Commissioner to urgently attend to the day-to-day difficulties
of the residents and take measures to upgrade the necessary
facilities there, the spokesman said.
After taking stock of the ongoing works, the Chief
Minister directed the executing agency to expedite the
JKPCC is constructing 200 flats at the complex at a
revised cost of Rs 22.90 crore.
So far, 48 flats have been allotted to employees
appointed under the Prime Minister’s Package for return and
rehabilitation of Kashmiri migrants, while 30 other such
families were accommodated after they expressed their
willingness to return to Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!