Omar reviews security arrangements for Amarnath yatra
Srinagar: Two days ahead of the commencement of Amarnath yatra, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday reviewed the preparedness of security agencies to ensure safety and secure conduct of the pilgrimage.
Omar, who chaired a high-level security review meeting here, was provided a detailed account of the preparedness of security agencies for the pilgrimage to the 3,880 metre high holy cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas, an official spokesman said.
The Chief Minister reviewed the prevailing law and order situation in the state and received brief from army and security agencies on the subject, he said.
Omar was apprised of the coordination between various security agencies in dealing with militancy related incidents and ensuring safety and protection of the people, he said.
Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand, Minister of State for Home Sajjad Ahmad Kichloo, Corps commander of Srinagar-based 15 corp Lt Gen Gurmit Singh, Director General of Police Ashok Prasad and senior officers of CRPF, BSF, state and Central intelligence agencies and senior civil officers attended the meeting, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters