Omar ruling J&K with army`s support: Geelani
Srinagar: A day after Omar Abdullah asked
the separatists to "shun hooliganism", hardline Hurriyat
Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Friday said the Jammu
and Kashmir Chief Minister was ruling the state with the
support of army.
"If the army is withdrawn from J&K, the government of Omar
Abdullah will lose its address in one day," Geelani said in
a statement here.
Referring to the murder of shopkeeper Tariq Ahmed Bhat,
who was beaten by hooligans here on December 3 when he refused
to heed a separatists` call for a shutdown, Omar had yesterday
asked the separatists to "shun hooliganism and fight on
"One day you have to apologise to the people for this
sort of attitude....A peaceful and youthful person of Nowhatta
is the latest victim of your outlook...The innocent youth was
killed as he rejected the unnecessary strike calls given by
the separatists," he had said.
Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front chairman Mohammad
Yasin Malik said the killing of the youth was unfortunate but
"the mainstream leaders should stop lecturing on it".
"They should look at their track record ... If there is
any remorse in them, let them take action against those
(security forces) personnel responsible for killings (during
protests) since 2008," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?