Omar ruling J&K with army`s support: Geelani
Srinagar: A day after Omar Abdullah asked
the separatists to "shun hooliganism", hardline Hurriyat
Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Friday said the Jammu
and Kashmir Chief Minister was ruling the state with the
support of army.
"If the army is withdrawn from J&K, the government of Omar
Abdullah will lose its address in one day," Geelani said in
a statement here.
Referring to the murder of shopkeeper Tariq Ahmed Bhat,
who was beaten by hooligans here on December 3 when he refused
to heed a separatists` call for a shutdown, Omar had yesterday
asked the separatists to "shun hooliganism and fight on
"One day you have to apologise to the people for this
sort of attitude....A peaceful and youthful person of Nowhatta
is the latest victim of your outlook...The innocent youth was
killed as he rejected the unnecessary strike calls given by
the separatists," he had said.
Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front chairman Mohammad
Yasin Malik said the killing of the youth was unfortunate but
"the mainstream leaders should stop lecturing on it".
"They should look at their track record ... If there is
any remorse in them, let them take action against those
(security forces) personnel responsible for killings (during
protests) since 2008," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?