Omar ruling J&K with army`s support: Geelani
Srinagar: A day after Omar Abdullah asked
the separatists to "shun hooliganism", hardline Hurriyat
Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Friday said the Jammu
and Kashmir Chief Minister was ruling the state with the
support of army.
"If the army is withdrawn from J&K, the government of Omar
Abdullah will lose its address in one day," Geelani said in
a statement here.
Referring to the murder of shopkeeper Tariq Ahmed Bhat,
who was beaten by hooligans here on December 3 when he refused
to heed a separatists` call for a shutdown, Omar had yesterday
asked the separatists to "shun hooliganism and fight on
"One day you have to apologise to the people for this
sort of attitude....A peaceful and youthful person of Nowhatta
is the latest victim of your outlook...The innocent youth was
killed as he rejected the unnecessary strike calls given by
the separatists," he had said.
Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front chairman Mohammad
Yasin Malik said the killing of the youth was unfortunate but
"the mainstream leaders should stop lecturing on it".
"They should look at their track record ... If there is
any remorse in them, let them take action against those
(security forces) personnel responsible for killings (during
protests) since 2008," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday