Omar says he has great respect for uncle Kamal
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Tuesday said he has great respect for his uncle
and ousted NC leader Mustafa Kamal, a day after the latter
called him a "weak" person.
"He is my uncle and I have the greatest of respect for
him," Omar posted on Twitter.
Yesterday, Kamal called the Chief Minister a weak person
saying the kind of public response he got for his remarks on
AFSPA made Omar "nervous" who was compelled to remove him from
On November 10, NC President Farooq Abdullah had asked
his younger brother Kamal to quit party posts for his
controversial remarks on AFSPA.
Kamal had said "disgruntled" elements within the Army
were behind grenade attacks recently and these were aimed
at scuttling moves by the Omar Abdullah government for
withdrawal of the AFSPA from some parts of Jammu and Kashmir.
"The matter is between him and my father, no reason to
drag me into it," Omar twitted.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!