Omar says he has great respect for uncle Kamal
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Tuesday said he has great respect for his uncle
and ousted NC leader Mustafa Kamal, a day after the latter
called him a "weak" person.
"He is my uncle and I have the greatest of respect for
him," Omar posted on Twitter.
Yesterday, Kamal called the Chief Minister a weak person
saying the kind of public response he got for his remarks on
AFSPA made Omar "nervous" who was compelled to remove him from
On November 10, NC President Farooq Abdullah had asked
his younger brother Kamal to quit party posts for his
controversial remarks on AFSPA.
Kamal had said "disgruntled" elements within the Army
were behind grenade attacks recently and these were aimed
at scuttling moves by the Omar Abdullah government for
withdrawal of the AFSPA from some parts of Jammu and Kashmir.
"The matter is between him and my father, no reason to
drag me into it," Omar twitted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill