Omar says state vigilance commission to be constituted soon
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Tuesday said the State Vigilance Commission will be constituted soon as he expected the Rajbhawan to issue an order in this regard "in the days ahead".
The chief minister acknowledged that Governor N N Vohra had made certain observations regarding one of the appointees and expressed hope that at least two members of the commission will be appointed soon.
"There were certain observations made by his Excellency the Governor regarding one of the appointees.
"Those observations have been answered by the candidate for that post and I am hopeful that in the days ahead the necessary order will be issued and at least two members of the vigilance commission will be appointed," Abdullah told reporters on the sidelines of a foundation stone-laying ceremony of cultural house `Tehzeeb Mahal` here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH