Omar says state vigilance commission to be constituted soon
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Tuesday said the State Vigilance Commission will be constituted soon as he expected the Rajbhawan to issue an order in this regard "in the days ahead".
The chief minister acknowledged that Governor N N Vohra had made certain observations regarding one of the appointees and expressed hope that at least two members of the commission will be appointed soon.
"There were certain observations made by his Excellency the Governor regarding one of the appointees.
"Those observations have been answered by the candidate for that post and I am hopeful that in the days ahead the necessary order will be issued and at least two members of the vigilance commission will be appointed," Abdullah told reporters on the sidelines of a foundation stone-laying ceremony of cultural house `Tehzeeb Mahal` here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened