Omar sets example: stops cavalcade at red light
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has set yet another example of following rules by stopping his cavalcade at a traffic light and waiting for it to turn green.
Local newspapers carried photographs showing the chief minister`s cavalcade stopping at a junction on Maulana Azad Road here.
The Srinagar Municipal Corporation and Traffic department recently installed traffic lights at certain busy intersections in the city but many people have failed to pay any heed to the new signals.
Official motorcades have been seen in the past violating traffic rules, but Abdullah`s gesture is likely to send a subtle message to everyone on the issue, an official said.
Earlier this year, the chief minister stood in a queue outside the Regional Transport Office in Jammu to get his driving license renewed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das