Omar sets example: stops cavalcade at red light
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has set yet another example of following rules by stopping his cavalcade at a traffic light and waiting for it to turn green.
Local newspapers carried photographs showing the chief minister`s cavalcade stopping at a junction on Maulana Azad Road here.
The Srinagar Municipal Corporation and Traffic department recently installed traffic lights at certain busy intersections in the city but many people have failed to pay any heed to the new signals.
Official motorcades have been seen in the past violating traffic rules, but Abdullah`s gesture is likely to send a subtle message to everyone on the issue, an official said.
Earlier this year, the chief minister stood in a queue outside the Regional Transport Office in Jammu to get his driving license renewed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH