Omar sets example: stops cavalcade at red light
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has set yet another example of following rules by stopping his cavalcade at a traffic light and waiting for it to turn green.
Local newspapers carried photographs showing the chief minister`s cavalcade stopping at a junction on Maulana Azad Road here.
The Srinagar Municipal Corporation and Traffic department recently installed traffic lights at certain busy intersections in the city but many people have failed to pay any heed to the new signals.
Official motorcades have been seen in the past violating traffic rules, but Abdullah`s gesture is likely to send a subtle message to everyone on the issue, an official said.
Earlier this year, the chief minister stood in a queue outside the Regional Transport Office in Jammu to get his driving license renewed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted