Omar stresses on consolidation in higher education in J&K
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah on Wednesday emphasized on consolidation in higher education network in the state to make educational institutions seats of excellence and centers of knowledge.
A lot of expansion has taken place in the higher education sector in the state recently and there was an urgent need to move forward on consolidation front, he told reporters after inaugurating the Jammu University campus in Kishtwar district, about 230-kms from here.
"Present age is the age of science and technology and
higher studies in the educational institutions should be at
par with the modern trends in this field to groom and nurture
students as per global requirement," Omar said stressing on
introducing subjects that provide higher scope in job market.
Omar, who is also the Pro-Chancellor of Jammu varsity
said the focus of attention in the newly opened university
campus should be on providing better infrastructural
facilities and qualified teaching staff and that his
government would provide every support in this regard.
The Chief Minister said his government has flagged
education as one of the most important concerns in the
government policy and new initiatives have been taken to give
necessary fillip to this sector.
"Our boys and girls are second to none in talent and
capacity", he said, launching the MSc course in Information
Technology in the newly inaugurated university campus.
Omar congratulated the students for the new campus and
hoped that it would grow fast and become a full-fledged centre
of modern education.
He directed the Vice-Chancellor of Baba Ghulam Shah
Badshah University (BGSBU) located in Rajouri district to open
a sub-office at Kishtwar to facilitate the interested students
to get admission in other courses available in BGSB varsity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi