Omar stresses on consolidation in higher education in J&K
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah on Wednesday emphasized on consolidation in higher education network in the state to make educational institutions seats of excellence and centers of knowledge.
A lot of expansion has taken place in the higher education sector in the state recently and there was an urgent need to move forward on consolidation front, he told reporters after inaugurating the Jammu University campus in Kishtwar district, about 230-kms from here.
"Present age is the age of science and technology and
higher studies in the educational institutions should be at
par with the modern trends in this field to groom and nurture
students as per global requirement," Omar said stressing on
introducing subjects that provide higher scope in job market.
Omar, who is also the Pro-Chancellor of Jammu varsity
said the focus of attention in the newly opened university
campus should be on providing better infrastructural
facilities and qualified teaching staff and that his
government would provide every support in this regard.
The Chief Minister said his government has flagged
education as one of the most important concerns in the
government policy and new initiatives have been taken to give
necessary fillip to this sector.
"Our boys and girls are second to none in talent and
capacity", he said, launching the MSc course in Information
Technology in the newly inaugurated university campus.
Omar congratulated the students for the new campus and
hoped that it would grow fast and become a full-fledged centre
of modern education.
He directed the Vice-Chancellor of Baba Ghulam Shah
Badshah University (BGSBU) located in Rajouri district to open
a sub-office at Kishtwar to facilitate the interested students
to get admission in other courses available in BGSB varsity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Pakistan's Sami Aslam reveals why he always recalls these words from Sachin Tendulkar's retirement speech
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future