Omar stresses on consolidation in higher education in J&K
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah on Wednesday emphasized on consolidation in higher education network in the state to make educational institutions seats of excellence and centers of knowledge.
A lot of expansion has taken place in the higher education sector in the state recently and there was an urgent need to move forward on consolidation front, he told reporters after inaugurating the Jammu University campus in Kishtwar district, about 230-kms from here.
"Present age is the age of science and technology and
higher studies in the educational institutions should be at
par with the modern trends in this field to groom and nurture
students as per global requirement," Omar said stressing on
introducing subjects that provide higher scope in job market.
Omar, who is also the Pro-Chancellor of Jammu varsity
said the focus of attention in the newly opened university
campus should be on providing better infrastructural
facilities and qualified teaching staff and that his
government would provide every support in this regard.
The Chief Minister said his government has flagged
education as one of the most important concerns in the
government policy and new initiatives have been taken to give
necessary fillip to this sector.
"Our boys and girls are second to none in talent and
capacity", he said, launching the MSc course in Information
Technology in the newly inaugurated university campus.
Omar congratulated the students for the new campus and
hoped that it would grow fast and become a full-fledged centre
of modern education.
He directed the Vice-Chancellor of Baba Ghulam Shah
Badshah University (BGSBU) located in Rajouri district to open
a sub-office at Kishtwar to facilitate the interested students
to get admission in other courses available in BGSB varsity.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Madame Tussauds to unveil PM Narendra Modi's wax statue in London today
- WATCH: Hilarious! Chris Gayle performs on 'Champion' song; asks fans to contact him for bookings
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: SC to hear plea next week on FIR against 'bribe-takers'
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil