Omar surrenders two LPG connections in J&K
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Saturday surrendered two `extra` gas connections in his name, a day after a media report highlighted the issue.
"As promised two of the three LPG connections surrendered this morning," Omar wrote on social networking site Twitter today.
Reacting to the reports of having three active gas connections under his name, all of them in Srinagar, Omar had yesterday promised to surrender two of the three this morning.
"... Didn`t realise I had 3 connections in my name. Will surrender 2 of those connections 1st thing tomorrow," Omar had tweeted yesterday.
The Chief Minister thanked the media for bringing this to his notice and expressed hope it will highlight more of those who have multiple connections.
"Thanks for bring(ing) this to my attention. I`m sure you`ll be just as diligent in letting us know who else has multiple connections," Omar wrote on Twitter.
The state is currently struggling with a massive LPG shortage and has seen protests over the issue in the past couple of months.
The LPG crisis had dominated the proceedings of the recently-concluded autumn session of the state Assembly where opposition parties demanded that the cap on cylinders should be relaxed.
The government had responded by saying this would put an enormous strain on the financial resources of the cash-strapped state.
However, the state government has requested the Centre to increase the number of subsidised cylinders for Jammu and Kashmir in view of the harsh winters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days