Omar takes a dig at Modi over flight delays
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today took a swipe at Narendra Modi asking where should he complain after his chopper was delayed.
The question was posed by Omar, a day after the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate attacked the Centre alleging a "conspiracy" over flight delays hitting his poll campaign in Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.
"My helicopter was two hours late yesterday but I didn`t think anything of it," the Chief Minister tweeted.
"Now it`s raining today. I smell a rat. Where should I complain,? he asked with a smiley.
Modi told a rally in Rewa in Madhya Pradesh yesterday that he was upset as the delays caused inconvenience to the people who came to hear him.
A few hours earlier at a rally in Bareilly in UP, Modi akso raised questions over the flight delays.
"This delay was not because of me. At the Delhi airport I sat from 9.30 AM onwards but our helicopter was not given permission to fly," Modi said in Bareilly.
In its complaint to Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath yesterday, BJP alleged "conspiracy" in the delay in Modi`s flight from Delhi to Bareilly yesterday that affected his election campaign as he reached hours behind schedule.
Omar also took on Smriti Irani, the BJP candidate from Amethi, saying that she seems to be "shellacked" even before Congress Candidate Rahul Gandhi could arrive in the constituency.
"Looks like Smriti Irani`s campaign has just been shellacked and it didn`t even need Rahul to visit Amethi," Omar said.
Irani was also locked in a spat with AAP candidate Kumar Vishwas after she was nominated to contest from the high-profile seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP