Omar terms Geelani`s hecklers as "bloody idiots"
New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday condemned the heckling of separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani here during a seminar and said such attacks were of no help in solving the Kashmir issue.
Reacting to the news of attack on 81-year-old Geelani,
the Chief Minister said "these Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena (BSKS)
and ABVP goons are bloody idiots."
"Anyone can assault an old man. As if attacking SASG
(Geelani) will make the Kashmir issue just disappear," the
Chief Minister remarked on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
Geelani was heckled at a seminar in North Delhi today by
activits of BSKS and ABVP but timely intervention by Delhi
Police prevented the situation from worsening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi