Omar terms Geelani`s hecklers as "bloody idiots"
New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday condemned the heckling of separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani here during a seminar and said such attacks were of no help in solving the Kashmir issue.
Reacting to the news of attack on 81-year-old Geelani,
the Chief Minister said "these Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena (BSKS)
and ABVP goons are bloody idiots."
"Anyone can assault an old man. As if attacking SASG
(Geelani) will make the Kashmir issue just disappear," the
Chief Minister remarked on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
Geelani was heckled at a seminar in North Delhi today by
activits of BSKS and ABVP but timely intervention by Delhi
Police prevented the situation from worsening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui