Omar to ensure NHPC spends 2% of cost for local development
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Friday said he will ensure that National Hydel
Power Corporation (NHPC) spends two per cent of cost of
Kishanganga power project in Gurez sector of Bandipora
district on local area development.
Interacting with a delegation from Gurez led by local MLA
Nazir Amad Gurezi, the Chief Minister assured them he will
also ensure that power projects automatically spend two per
cent of the total cost of the project for development of the
Omar also said appropriate steps will be taken for
special recruitment drive in the area.
The Chief Minister was informed that large number of
families, who were recently displaced because of snow-storm,
have not yet been settled.
Omar said he will advise the concerned to provide land
and dwelling places on the same pattern as has been done in
such cases in other parts of the valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it