Omar to ensure NHPC spends 2% of cost for local development
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Friday said he will ensure that National Hydel
Power Corporation (NHPC) spends two per cent of cost of
Kishanganga power project in Gurez sector of Bandipora
district on local area development.
Interacting with a delegation from Gurez led by local MLA
Nazir Amad Gurezi, the Chief Minister assured them he will
also ensure that power projects automatically spend two per
cent of the total cost of the project for development of the
Omar also said appropriate steps will be taken for
special recruitment drive in the area.
The Chief Minister was informed that large number of
families, who were recently displaced because of snow-storm,
have not yet been settled.
Omar said he will advise the concerned to provide land
and dwelling places on the same pattern as has been done in
such cases in other parts of the valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter