Omar to ensure NHPC spends 2% of cost for local development
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Friday said he will ensure that National Hydel
Power Corporation (NHPC) spends two per cent of cost of
Kishanganga power project in Gurez sector of Bandipora
district on local area development.
Interacting with a delegation from Gurez led by local MLA
Nazir Amad Gurezi, the Chief Minister assured them he will
also ensure that power projects automatically spend two per
cent of the total cost of the project for development of the
Omar also said appropriate steps will be taken for
special recruitment drive in the area.
The Chief Minister was informed that large number of
families, who were recently displaced because of snow-storm,
have not yet been settled.
Omar said he will advise the concerned to provide land
and dwelling places on the same pattern as has been done in
such cases in other parts of the valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!