Omar to ensure NHPC spends 2% of cost for local development
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Friday said he will ensure that National Hydel
Power Corporation (NHPC) spends two per cent of cost of
Kishanganga power project in Gurez sector of Bandipora
district on local area development.
Interacting with a delegation from Gurez led by local MLA
Nazir Amad Gurezi, the Chief Minister assured them he will
also ensure that power projects automatically spend two per
cent of the total cost of the project for development of the
Omar also said appropriate steps will be taken for
special recruitment drive in the area.
The Chief Minister was informed that large number of
families, who were recently displaced because of snow-storm,
have not yet been settled.
Omar said he will advise the concerned to provide land
and dwelling places on the same pattern as has been done in
such cases in other parts of the valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional