Omar to upgrade health and education sector in J&K
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has asked the Task Force on Health Reforms to make concrete recommendations for upgrading health
and medical education sector in the state.
"I want concrete deliverables from you so that government could act accordingly to achieve desirable results," Omar said while chairing the 4th meeting of Task Force on health sector reforms here last evening.
The Chief Minister directed for the appointment of Transaction Adviser and identifying three projects each in Jammu and Srinagar to be implemented through Public-Private Partnership (PPP) mode.
"This would enable us to study the appetite of private players in the field and rope them in as partners," he said.
Omar said private investors could be invited for management and operational aspects in the health and medical education sector.
He called for fast track movement on this issue saying the government is open to provide permission to the private players for establishing hospitals.
"Task Force should also come up with proposals for health insurance for poor and needy, accreditation of hospitals, use of IT and expansion of tele-medicine system.
He asked for a detailed project report for Rs 7.80 crore bio-medical waste disposal plants at Jammu and Srinagar.
"Outsourcing its management and operation could be analysed and discussed accordingly," he added.
Omar directed the officials at Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS) to formulate a fresh proposal for establishment of State Resources Centre to train the doctors and para-medical staff on tele-medicine.
"Possibility of dovetailing IT and tele-medicine initiatives should also be explored to get best results," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM