Omar to upgrade health and education sector in J&K
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has asked the Task Force on Health Reforms to make concrete recommendations for upgrading health
and medical education sector in the state.
"I want concrete deliverables from you so that government could act accordingly to achieve desirable results," Omar said while chairing the 4th meeting of Task Force on health sector reforms here last evening.
The Chief Minister directed for the appointment of Transaction Adviser and identifying three projects each in Jammu and Srinagar to be implemented through Public-Private Partnership (PPP) mode.
"This would enable us to study the appetite of private players in the field and rope them in as partners," he said.
Omar said private investors could be invited for management and operational aspects in the health and medical education sector.
He called for fast track movement on this issue saying the government is open to provide permission to the private players for establishing hospitals.
"Task Force should also come up with proposals for health insurance for poor and needy, accreditation of hospitals, use of IT and expansion of tele-medicine system.
He asked for a detailed project report for Rs 7.80 crore bio-medical waste disposal plants at Jammu and Srinagar.
"Outsourcing its management and operation could be analysed and discussed accordingly," he added.
Omar directed the officials at Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS) to formulate a fresh proposal for establishment of State Resources Centre to train the doctors and para-medical staff on tele-medicine.
"Possibility of dovetailing IT and tele-medicine initiatives should also be explored to get best results," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore