Omar to write to FM over central excise duty to J&K Industries
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today said he would write to Finance Minister P Chidambaram over the extension of central excise duty to industrialists in the state.
A delegation of Bari Brahmana Industrial Association (BBIA) led by its President, Anil Suri called on the Chief Minister here and discussed various issues pertaining to the development and strengthening of industries in the state.
The delegation discussed matters relating to the Bari Brahmana industrial units and sought Chief Minister`s intervention in clarification of Central Excise Notification issued by the Union Ministry of Finance.
The Chief Minister told the delegation that he would write to the Union Minister for Finance in this regard. The delegation expressed their gratitude to the Chief Minister for his keen interest in the development of industries in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sensitive issues could damage ties with US military: China
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused' bail plea
- German minister rejects blanket suspicion of refugees after attacks
- Don't derail ties with India with controversial statements on Kashmir, Pak daily urges Islamabad
- Congress member wants PM's response to Hafiz's war rants, chinese interference