Omar to write to FM over central excise duty to J&K Industries
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today said he would write to Finance Minister P Chidambaram over the extension of central excise duty to industrialists in the state.
A delegation of Bari Brahmana Industrial Association (BBIA) led by its President, Anil Suri called on the Chief Minister here and discussed various issues pertaining to the development and strengthening of industries in the state.
The delegation discussed matters relating to the Bari Brahmana industrial units and sought Chief Minister`s intervention in clarification of Central Excise Notification issued by the Union Ministry of Finance.
The Chief Minister told the delegation that he would write to the Union Minister for Finance in this regard. The delegation expressed their gratitude to the Chief Minister for his keen interest in the development of industries in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav