Omar upset with uncle’s ‘enemy of state’ remark
Jammu: Jammu & Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah is reportedly upset with his uncle and National Conference (NC) party leader Mustafa Kamal’s controversial remark that the Government of India was the real enemy of the state.
Kamal, who is the additional general secretary of the state’s ruling party, made this remark while speaking at a meeting in Kishtwar on Sunday evening.
He also accused troops of disturbing peace in Jammu and Kashmir.
The controversial remark from his uncle has come as a major source of embarrassment for the state’s chief minister.
In his reaction to the development, Abdullah wrote on micro-blogging site Twitter: “Funny thing is I don’t need anyone to make things difficult for me when I have relatives to do it for me. They say never work with animals & children. I think it’s safe to add relatives to that list as well.”
This is not the first time that Kamal has made embarrassing remarks. Nearly, a year ago NC president Farooq Abdullah had asked his younger brother Mustafa Kamal to quit the party posts of additional general secretary and chief spokesman hours after he made a derogatory remark on Congress leader Rahul Gandhi.
Kamal had said that Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi “has no role in running the Jammu and Kashmir government”. His statement came in response to a remark by J&K Congress chief Saifuddin Soz, who said Gandhi was not happy with the governance in the state.
Kamal was then advised to exercise restraint and follow the party line on all issues.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!