Omar upset with uncle’s ‘enemy of state’ remark
Jammu: Jammu & Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah is reportedly upset with his uncle and National Conference (NC) party leader Mustafa Kamal’s controversial remark that the Government of India was the real enemy of the state.
Kamal, who is the additional general secretary of the state’s ruling party, made this remark while speaking at a meeting in Kishtwar on Sunday evening.
He also accused troops of disturbing peace in Jammu and Kashmir.
The controversial remark from his uncle has come as a major source of embarrassment for the state’s chief minister.
In his reaction to the development, Abdullah wrote on micro-blogging site Twitter: “Funny thing is I don’t need anyone to make things difficult for me when I have relatives to do it for me. They say never work with animals & children. I think it’s safe to add relatives to that list as well.”
This is not the first time that Kamal has made embarrassing remarks. Nearly, a year ago NC president Farooq Abdullah had asked his younger brother Mustafa Kamal to quit the party posts of additional general secretary and chief spokesman hours after he made a derogatory remark on Congress leader Rahul Gandhi.
Kamal had said that Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi “has no role in running the Jammu and Kashmir government”. His statement came in response to a remark by J&K Congress chief Saifuddin Soz, who said Gandhi was not happy with the governance in the state.
Kamal was then advised to exercise restraint and follow the party line on all issues.
With PTI Inputs
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Fundamental question is 'who took the bribe', stresses Manohar Parrikar
- Kanhaiya Kumar is in Patna - know why
- WATCH: RPS vs GL - When Dwayne Bravo tried to 'intimidate' Mahendra Singh Dhoni during Match 25
- Fourteen killed in Nairobi floods and building collapse
- UN says North Korea accusations vs US troops 'unsubstantiated'