Omar upset with uncle’s ‘enemy of state’ remark
Jammu: Jammu & Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah is reportedly upset with his uncle and National Conference (NC) party leader Mustafa Kamal’s controversial remark that the Government of India was the real enemy of the state.
Kamal, who is the additional general secretary of the state’s ruling party, made this remark while speaking at a meeting in Kishtwar on Sunday evening.
He also accused troops of disturbing peace in Jammu and Kashmir.
The controversial remark from his uncle has come as a major source of embarrassment for the state’s chief minister.
In his reaction to the development, Abdullah wrote on micro-blogging site Twitter: “Funny thing is I don’t need anyone to make things difficult for me when I have relatives to do it for me. They say never work with animals & children. I think it’s safe to add relatives to that list as well.”
This is not the first time that Kamal has made embarrassing remarks. Nearly, a year ago NC president Farooq Abdullah had asked his younger brother Mustafa Kamal to quit the party posts of additional general secretary and chief spokesman hours after he made a derogatory remark on Congress leader Rahul Gandhi.
Kamal had said that Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi “has no role in running the Jammu and Kashmir government”. His statement came in response to a remark by J&K Congress chief Saifuddin Soz, who said Gandhi was not happy with the governance in the state.
Kamal was then advised to exercise restraint and follow the party line on all issues.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!