Omar uses Kashmir problem to hide inability to deliver: PDP
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) president Mehbooba Mufti on Wednesday accused Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah of blaming others for his failures.
"For his failures, the Chief Minister is in the habit of blaming everybody except himself and his government," Mehbooba said at a public meeting in Kamalkote village near the Line of Control in the Baramulla district.
Mehbooba said corruption and misgovernance have reached beyond tolerance, under the present government and Omar attributes his inability to control it to everybody except himself and his government.
She said, in Sopore, the Chief Minister had insulted locals accusing them of following "dream merchants". "He forgets that it is his party (National Conference) which ran the campaign for plebiscite under the `Mahaz Raishumari`, for 22 years and then sold it out for power in 1975," she said.
The PDP president said the National Conference`s politics of U-turns and sell-outs have created a trust deficit between the state and rest of the country which is hard to fill.
She said in the constituencies which are represented by the opposition, Omar criticises the MLAs for lack of development like providing water, power, roads, healthcare and education, as if they run the government.
"On the other hand, when he goes to areas represented by his own party, he (the CM) uses the Kashmir problem as a shield against his inability to deliver," she added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory