Omar uses Kashmir problem to hide inability to deliver: PDP
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) president Mehbooba Mufti on Wednesday accused Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah of blaming others for his failures.
"For his failures, the Chief Minister is in the habit of blaming everybody except himself and his government," Mehbooba said at a public meeting in Kamalkote village near the Line of Control in the Baramulla district.
Mehbooba said corruption and misgovernance have reached beyond tolerance, under the present government and Omar attributes his inability to control it to everybody except himself and his government.
She said, in Sopore, the Chief Minister had insulted locals accusing them of following "dream merchants". "He forgets that it is his party (National Conference) which ran the campaign for plebiscite under the `Mahaz Raishumari`, for 22 years and then sold it out for power in 1975," she said.
The PDP president said the National Conference`s politics of U-turns and sell-outs have created a trust deficit between the state and rest of the country which is hard to fill.
She said in the constituencies which are represented by the opposition, Omar criticises the MLAs for lack of development like providing water, power, roads, healthcare and education, as if they run the government.
"On the other hand, when he goes to areas represented by his own party, he (the CM) uses the Kashmir problem as a shield against his inability to deliver," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement