Omar visits Pahalgam to review situation after fire
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Tuesday visited Pahalgam to take stock of the situation following a fire at the Tourist Reception Centre there last evening.
Omar was apprised about the incident. He interacted with the affected people and assured them of all possible help for rehabilitation, a spokesman said.
He expressed his solidarity and sympathy for the victims.
The Chief Minister also talked to officials of the Tourism Department about the incident, the spokesman added.
The fire broke out at the Tourist Reception Centre of the famous hill resort of Pahalgam in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district last evening, according to the police.
There was no report of any casualty or injury, they had said.
The blaze had also spread to a nearby hotel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah