Omar visits Pahalgam to review situation after fire
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Tuesday visited Pahalgam to take stock of the situation following a fire at the Tourist Reception Centre there last evening.
Omar was apprised about the incident. He interacted with the affected people and assured them of all possible help for rehabilitation, a spokesman said.
He expressed his solidarity and sympathy for the victims.
The Chief Minister also talked to officials of the Tourism Department about the incident, the spokesman added.
The fire broke out at the Tourist Reception Centre of the famous hill resort of Pahalgam in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district last evening, according to the police.
There was no report of any casualty or injury, they had said.
The blaze had also spread to a nearby hotel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS