Omar visits township for migrant families
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Thursday visited Jagti township to take stock of
the rehabilitation process of migrant families to the newly
The chief minister interacted with the families and
enquired of their welfare. He also asked about the
arrangements provided for them at the complex.
He said government would take all measures to make the
living conditions in the township more suitable for the
Omar directed the officials concerned to provide all
facilities to the migrant families for their rehabilitation.
Relief Commissioner Vinod Koul said that 1,520 flats
have been allotted to the beneficiaries. Out of these, 840
families have already taken possession of their flats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1