Omar visits township for migrant families
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Thursday visited Jagti township to take stock of
the rehabilitation process of migrant families to the newly
The chief minister interacted with the families and
enquired of their welfare. He also asked about the
arrangements provided for them at the complex.
He said government would take all measures to make the
living conditions in the township more suitable for the
Omar directed the officials concerned to provide all
facilities to the migrant families for their rehabilitation.
Relief Commissioner Vinod Koul said that 1,520 flats
have been allotted to the beneficiaries. Out of these, 840
families have already taken possession of their flats.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani