Omar visits Vakil`s residence
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday visited the residence of National Conference leader and former speaker of state Assembly Abdul Ahad Vakil, who died yesterday following a brief illness.
"Omar visited the residence of late Abdul Ahad Vakil at Sanat Nagar here to express condolence to the bereaved family," an official spokesman said.
Vakil (79), a political stalwart, was an associate of NC founder Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah and former chief minister Farooq Abdullah.
Omar conveyed his sympathy and solidarity to the family and consoled them, the spokesman said, adding that the Chief Minister prayed for peace to the departed soul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'