Omar, Vohra pray for harmony in J&K on eve of Muharram
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah and Governor N N Vohra on Sunday prayed for harmony,
peace and normalcy in the state on the eve of Ashura Muharram.
In his message Abdullah said Karbala symbolises the
victory of truth over falsehood and enshrines the lesson that
believers of truth stand firm on values despite hardships,
bloodshed, and inhuman crimes committed against them.
He said Hazrat Imam Hussain, the grandson of Hazrat
Muhammad Mustafa and the son of Hazrat Ali and his companions
exhibited highest degree of courage, determination and faith
"They sacrificed their lives in an exemplary manner and
protected the true principles of Islam, human dignity and
truth. They laid their lives but did not bow before the
falsehood," he said.
Meanwhile, Vohra in his message said the martyrdom of
Hazrat Imam Hussain reminds mankind of the high principles of
human dignity and morality and one should not deviate from the
path of righteousness, whatever be the price to be paid.
Hazrat Imam Hussain and his companions laid their lives
in the desert of Karbala in Iraq some 1400 years early to
uphold and safeguard the high values of Islam, humanism and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief