Omar, Vohra pray for harmony in J&K on eve of Muharram
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah and Governor N N Vohra on Sunday prayed for harmony,
peace and normalcy in the state on the eve of Ashura Muharram.
In his message Abdullah said Karbala symbolises the
victory of truth over falsehood and enshrines the lesson that
believers of truth stand firm on values despite hardships,
bloodshed, and inhuman crimes committed against them.
He said Hazrat Imam Hussain, the grandson of Hazrat
Muhammad Mustafa and the son of Hazrat Ali and his companions
exhibited highest degree of courage, determination and faith
"They sacrificed their lives in an exemplary manner and
protected the true principles of Islam, human dignity and
truth. They laid their lives but did not bow before the
falsehood," he said.
Meanwhile, Vohra in his message said the martyrdom of
Hazrat Imam Hussain reminds mankind of the high principles of
human dignity and morality and one should not deviate from the
path of righteousness, whatever be the price to be paid.
Hazrat Imam Hussain and his companions laid their lives
in the desert of Karbala in Iraq some 1400 years early to
uphold and safeguard the high values of Islam, humanism and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why