Omar, Vohra pray for harmony in J&K on eve of Muharram
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah and Governor N N Vohra on Sunday prayed for harmony,
peace and normalcy in the state on the eve of Ashura Muharram.
In his message Abdullah said Karbala symbolises the
victory of truth over falsehood and enshrines the lesson that
believers of truth stand firm on values despite hardships,
bloodshed, and inhuman crimes committed against them.
He said Hazrat Imam Hussain, the grandson of Hazrat
Muhammad Mustafa and the son of Hazrat Ali and his companions
exhibited highest degree of courage, determination and faith
"They sacrificed their lives in an exemplary manner and
protected the true principles of Islam, human dignity and
truth. They laid their lives but did not bow before the
falsehood," he said.
Meanwhile, Vohra in his message said the martyrdom of
Hazrat Imam Hussain reminds mankind of the high principles of
human dignity and morality and one should not deviate from the
path of righteousness, whatever be the price to be paid.
Hazrat Imam Hussain and his companions laid their lives
in the desert of Karbala in Iraq some 1400 years early to
uphold and safeguard the high values of Islam, humanism and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read