Omar, Vohra pray for harmony in J&K on eve of Muharram
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah and Governor N N Vohra on Sunday prayed for harmony,
peace and normalcy in the state on the eve of Ashura Muharram.
In his message Abdullah said Karbala symbolises the
victory of truth over falsehood and enshrines the lesson that
believers of truth stand firm on values despite hardships,
bloodshed, and inhuman crimes committed against them.
He said Hazrat Imam Hussain, the grandson of Hazrat
Muhammad Mustafa and the son of Hazrat Ali and his companions
exhibited highest degree of courage, determination and faith
"They sacrificed their lives in an exemplary manner and
protected the true principles of Islam, human dignity and
truth. They laid their lives but did not bow before the
falsehood," he said.
Meanwhile, Vohra in his message said the martyrdom of
Hazrat Imam Hussain reminds mankind of the high principles of
human dignity and morality and one should not deviate from the
path of righteousness, whatever be the price to be paid.
Hazrat Imam Hussain and his companions laid their lives
in the desert of Karbala in Iraq some 1400 years early to
uphold and safeguard the high values of Islam, humanism and
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview