Omar warns corrupt govt officials of stern action
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday issued a stern warning to government officials indulging in corruption saying, "We will not allow them to go scot-free".
"We have taken several measures to reduce chances of corruption and punish the culprits...Further steps are on to ensure that government functionaries indulging in corruption are readily booked and handed over severe punishment under the law," Omar said.
Addressing a meeting of the Consultative Committee on General Administration Department, IMPA, Estates and Public Service Commission, the Chief Minister said, "We will not allow them (corrupt officials) to go scot-free."
Presenting an overview of new initiatives to improve governance and bring transparency in the functioning of administration, Omar said, by setting up the Vigilance Commission, re-constituting the Accountability Commission and empowering people through Right to Information Act and Public Service Guarantee Act, his government has created substantial means to reduce chances of corruption.
He underlined the need for full utilisation of powers entrusted to the people to scan government functioning and help in identifying unscrupulous elements in the administration.
Omar said, this year his government has put in place a Results Framework Document (RFD), which would help common people to ascertain the performance and functioning of government departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!