Omar weak, not certain of himself: Kamal
Jammu: Calling the Jammu and Kashmir Chief
Minister a "weak" person, ousted NC leader Mustafa Kamal on Monday
said the kind of public response he got for his remarks on
AFSPA made Omar Abdullah "nervous" and he was compelled to
remove him from the party.
"Perhaps he (Omar) is not certain of himself, he is
not sure, he is weak in a sense that he feels uneasy (with my
growing popularity)," Kamal told a news channel here.
On November 10, NC President Farooq Abdullah had asked
his younger brother Mustafa Kamal to quit party posts for his
controversial remarks on AFSPA.
Kamal had said that "disgruntled" elements within the
Army were behind grenade attacks recently and these were aimed
at scuttling moves by the Omar Abdullah government for
withdrawal of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act from some
parts of Jammu and Kashmir.
"With the kind of public response (I got), he (Omar)
thought perhaps tomorrow the public response may switch to
other side (my side) and his public decisions might get
eroded," he said adding "which is absolutely false, which has
"Perhaps he was nervous and was not sure about himself,
which made him depend on my elder brother Farooq and was
forced to take a decision (his removal from the post
of General Secretary) like that which I welcomed," he said.
"They accused me of something which I have not done. I
have good political experience of 20-25 years," he said.
Referring to his sidelining from the NC, he said he was
"shabbily" treated and the relation would not be same again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Stunning model 'Miss BumBum' uses Instagram to persuade Lionel Messi to reconsider retirement – WATCH pics
- Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon in Brussels for EU talks
- Know the final recommendations of 7th Pay Commission in a nutshell
- Malala Yousafzai becomes millionaire with book sales, lectures
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again