Omar weak, not certain of himself: Kamal
Jammu: Calling the Jammu and Kashmir Chief
Minister a "weak" person, ousted NC leader Mustafa Kamal on Monday
said the kind of public response he got for his remarks on
AFSPA made Omar Abdullah "nervous" and he was compelled to
remove him from the party.
"Perhaps he (Omar) is not certain of himself, he is
not sure, he is weak in a sense that he feels uneasy (with my
growing popularity)," Kamal told a news channel here.
On November 10, NC President Farooq Abdullah had asked
his younger brother Mustafa Kamal to quit party posts for his
controversial remarks on AFSPA.
Kamal had said that "disgruntled" elements within the
Army were behind grenade attacks recently and these were aimed
at scuttling moves by the Omar Abdullah government for
withdrawal of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act from some
parts of Jammu and Kashmir.
"With the kind of public response (I got), he (Omar)
thought perhaps tomorrow the public response may switch to
other side (my side) and his public decisions might get
eroded," he said adding "which is absolutely false, which has
"Perhaps he was nervous and was not sure about himself,
which made him depend on my elder brother Farooq and was
forced to take a decision (his removal from the post
of General Secretary) like that which I welcomed," he said.
"They accused me of something which I have not done. I
have good political experience of 20-25 years," he said.
Referring to his sidelining from the NC, he said he was
"shabbily" treated and the relation would not be same again.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor