Omar`s next cabinet meet to be in a town near LoC
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, who took his ministers to a remote town near Line of Control (LoC) yesterday, has said the next month`s cabinet meeting will be held at another LoC town of Gurez in Bandipora district.
"Next month a similar cabinet meeting will be held in Gurez," Omar said on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
The next stop for the cabinet-- the Gurez region-- has been a hot spot of militancy over the last two decades as the area has witnessed fierce gun battles between soldiers and infiltrating ultras.
The beautiful valley was pounded by Pakistani army frequently before ceasefire came into effect in November 2003.
The chief minister also announced that the cabinet meeting, held on the last Wednesdays of every month, will be held outside the two capital cities of the state.
"Last Wednesday of every month the cabinet will meet outside Srinagar (and) Jammu," he said.
Following the footsteps of his grandfather Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah, Omar yesterday chaired a Cabinet meeting at Tangdhar near the Line of Control in frontier Kupwara district as part of the efforts to reach out to the remotest corners of the state.
"Had a very productive visit to Karnah (Tangdhar). Time will tell if we are able to deliver the results of such cabinet meetings to the areas we visit," he said about his new endeavour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far