‘Omar’s response to power crisis, juvenile pranks`
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party
on Sunday accused Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah
of responding to the electricity crisis in the Valley with
"Kashmir has gone back to the stone age, thanks to
collapse of government under Omar Abdullah. He is responding
with juvenile pranks to a crisis in Kashmir valley that is
result of malfunctioning of his government than by any natural
phenomenon," PDP president Mehbooba Mufti said.
"The announcement of Chief Minister to postpone
restoration of electricity to the VIP areas of Srinagar is
meaningless as all the VIPs including ministers and top
bureaucrats are in Jammu," she said in a statement.
Mehbooba also alleged that the water supply was out of
gear, hospitals were unable to cope with the inflow of
patients, and the telecommunication system had broken down in
The recent snowfall had exposed the tall claims of the
government, which had failed to minimise the miseries of the
common masses at the time of crisis, she alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof