‘Omar’s response to power crisis, juvenile pranks`
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party
on Sunday accused Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah
of responding to the electricity crisis in the Valley with
"Kashmir has gone back to the stone age, thanks to
collapse of government under Omar Abdullah. He is responding
with juvenile pranks to a crisis in Kashmir valley that is
result of malfunctioning of his government than by any natural
phenomenon," PDP president Mehbooba Mufti said.
"The announcement of Chief Minister to postpone
restoration of electricity to the VIP areas of Srinagar is
meaningless as all the VIPs including ministers and top
bureaucrats are in Jammu," she said in a statement.
Mehbooba also alleged that the water supply was out of
gear, hospitals were unable to cope with the inflow of
patients, and the telecommunication system had broken down in
The recent snowfall had exposed the tall claims of the
government, which had failed to minimise the miseries of the
common masses at the time of crisis, she alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?