‘Omar’s response to power crisis, juvenile pranks`
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party
on Sunday accused Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah
of responding to the electricity crisis in the Valley with
"Kashmir has gone back to the stone age, thanks to
collapse of government under Omar Abdullah. He is responding
with juvenile pranks to a crisis in Kashmir valley that is
result of malfunctioning of his government than by any natural
phenomenon," PDP president Mehbooba Mufti said.
"The announcement of Chief Minister to postpone
restoration of electricity to the VIP areas of Srinagar is
meaningless as all the VIPs including ministers and top
bureaucrats are in Jammu," she said in a statement.
Mehbooba also alleged that the water supply was out of
gear, hospitals were unable to cope with the inflow of
patients, and the telecommunication system had broken down in
The recent snowfall had exposed the tall claims of the
government, which had failed to minimise the miseries of the
common masses at the time of crisis, she alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users