Omar`s share of blushes as young fans fall for him
Pampore: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday had his share of blushes at a function here when a number of his fans, mostly girls, turned up and expressed their fascination for the Abdullah scion.
Omar arrived at the function to a rousing welcome as the audience, mostly youth, cheered the youngest Chief Minister of the state lustily.
Omar, known for his oratory skills, felt so shy that he could only smile.
Omar was here to attend a function organised to distribute placement order to 1423 youth who completed their training at various centres under centrally-sponsored HIMAYAT scheme.
A young girl expressed her desire to shake hands with Omar, which the Chief Minister granted amidst a huge applause and whistles by the audience.
As the Chief Minister went to make a speech, a thunderous round of applause again welcomed him and Omar smiled and waved at the crowd.
His greetings in a traditional Islamic way were reciprocated with lusty cheers from the audience.
After his speech, Omar thanked the young fans showing his surprise over the support and love.
"Meeting my fans has made me happy. I never expected fans from the state and especially the Valley," he said amidst an applause.
Describing her happiness and excitement again, Sabiha Bashir, who hails from Srinagar, told a news agency it is the "happiest day" of her life.
"I had never seen Omar Abdullah Sahib so closely. I was excited to see him and I can`t tell you how happy I am," Sabiha, a trainee under the HIMAYAT scheme, said.
"He (Omar) is the most dynamic Chief Minister and there is no comparison between him and Bollywood stars like Salman Khan," Sabiha, who has a picture of Omar as a wallpaper on her mobile, said.
Shagufta, who shook hands with Omar, said "it has been a dream day for her. I always wanted to shake hands with Omar and today my dream came true".
Union Minister Jairam Ramesh also praised Omar for his "dynamic style and his keenness and commitment to work for the betterment of youth in Jammu and Kashmir."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen