Omar`s share of blushes as young fans fall for him
Pampore: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday had his share of blushes at a function here when a number of his fans, mostly girls, turned up and expressed their fascination for the Abdullah scion.
Omar arrived at the function to a rousing welcome as the audience, mostly youth, cheered the youngest Chief Minister of the state lustily.
Omar, known for his oratory skills, felt so shy that he could only smile.
Omar was here to attend a function organised to distribute placement order to 1423 youth who completed their training at various centres under centrally-sponsored HIMAYAT scheme.
A young girl expressed her desire to shake hands with Omar, which the Chief Minister granted amidst a huge applause and whistles by the audience.
As the Chief Minister went to make a speech, a thunderous round of applause again welcomed him and Omar smiled and waved at the crowd.
His greetings in a traditional Islamic way were reciprocated with lusty cheers from the audience.
After his speech, Omar thanked the young fans showing his surprise over the support and love.
"Meeting my fans has made me happy. I never expected fans from the state and especially the Valley," he said amidst an applause.
Describing her happiness and excitement again, Sabiha Bashir, who hails from Srinagar, told a news agency it is the "happiest day" of her life.
"I had never seen Omar Abdullah Sahib so closely. I was excited to see him and I can`t tell you how happy I am," Sabiha, a trainee under the HIMAYAT scheme, said.
"He (Omar) is the most dynamic Chief Minister and there is no comparison between him and Bollywood stars like Salman Khan," Sabiha, who has a picture of Omar as a wallpaper on her mobile, said.
Shagufta, who shook hands with Omar, said "it has been a dream day for her. I always wanted to shake hands with Omar and today my dream came true".
Union Minister Jairam Ramesh also praised Omar for his "dynamic style and his keenness and commitment to work for the betterment of youth in Jammu and Kashmir."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued